Schwartz Law Group is enthusiastic about maintaining current expertise in the practice of entertainment law. Whether we are serving as motion picture production counsel to an independent production company, negotiating on behalf of talent or strategizing the exploitation of creative projects, we leverage our entertainment clientele’s position to yield maximum value and protection on every deal.
SLG’s representative entertainment transactions and engagements include:
- Writer & Co-writer agreements
- Web series sponsorship agreements
- Post-production service agreements
- Band partnership agreements
- Music publishing agreements
- Live event, Concert & Promotion agreements
- Theatrical production agreements
- Life story rights acquisition
- Literary and Internet publishing agreements
- Parody and other fair use compliance counseling
- Rights clearance services
- Privacy analyses (e.g., Defamation, False Light, Invasion & Publicity rights)
- Collective bargaining compliance counseling (SAG, DGA, WGA, IATSE).
We are always prepared to resolve your entertainment disputes by way of civil litigation, but we are also skilled in prosecuting and defending claims in arbitrations conducted by IFTA (Independent Film & Television Alliance, formerly the American Film Marketing Association) and protecting your interests in other alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
"Too caustic? To hell with the cost. If it's a good picture, we'll make it."
~ Samuel Goldwyn
"Even a fool knows you can't touch the stars, but it doesn't stop a wise man from trying."
~ Harry Anderson
"I steal from every
movie ever made."
~ Quentin Tarantino
"Only one thing is impossible for God: To find any sense in any copyright law on the planet."
~ Mark Twain
© Schwartz Law Group 2015
2985 Gordy Parkway
Marietta, GA 30066
Tel: (678) 401-2400
Fax: (678) 669-1776